Autumn on my mind

Sunday, September 19, 2010

I love autumn. I love the lingering feel of summer... the lazy breeze that now has hints of fall. That breeze carries pollen too. I may be swollen and sneezy, but I'm enjoying the wonderful hand off from summer to fall. I took these pics of the sunflowers... the only bright flowers still left round our house.

This week is the equinox. Merry Mabon to you all! I can't believe how quickly this summer has gone. How eventful it's been! I'm glad for the harvest now. Glad that Daemon is being born during a Harvest season. It makes sense, he was sown in the early spring, he was nurtured and grown all summer and he'll be born in a time of gathering and harvest.

Soon after he's born I get to start my own life anew... I'm excited for the next few weeks. I keep wanting them to hurry, to get it over with... but I forgot this is my favorite time of year! Sleeping with a breeze on your cheek, eating tasty apples, baking, and the smell of the air.

Most of all, this is the last season Bekah will be 3. I want to cherish her last season as a demanding three-year-old... before I begin being the mother of a true pre-schooler... Where has the time gone?

Another year coming to a close, another Mabon full of thanks and warmth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment