Review Time

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

So so far both of my first posts have been about work... jeez, I'm obsessed! Anyway today is my yearly review. We got about 2/3 done before lunch, now I'm eating (and blogging) and we'll wrap up in an hour. I think it's going really well. I think back to where I was 3 years ago when I started here, and I feel like I've grown exponentially. I started here thinking my admin job would be a piece of cake... and it was. I got lazy, I stopped giving my all and ran at about 40%. Then I got a kick in the ass from my boss at the time who told me he knew I was capable of so much more.

Since then I've really started taking ownership of my job. I am proud of what I do, and what my company does. I care when things go out wrong, and do everything to rectify them. I smile when we get a job that I put the proposal together on. Did I do the technical writing? The sales pitch? No... but I put that proposal together, I put my heart and soul into making it perfect... and I like to think that it makes a difference. I've never cared so much about a job before.

I've grown and changed while working here, I'm embarrassed when I think about the employee I was 3 years ago. I can only hope that the excellent job I continue to do now, the changes, the improvements and the growth I exhibit will make up for the mediocre job I did then.

Ok, wow dunno why I blogged about that, but anyway... yeah it's going really well. I'm a single mom now and my job is taking on a new importance in my life :)

Oh, I will have to post pictures of Bekah's new haircut... ADORABLE! :) She looks so cute with it chopped off all short.

Ok, time to eat my taco!

0 comments:

Post a Comment